Monday, October 13, 2008

Mysteries revealed

Ada and I enjoyed dinner with friends at the kid-friendly patio of a favorite local restaurant.  The patio is covered with small rocks, which are super fun for toddlers to arrange and re-arrange while their parents eat and try to ignore the funny looks of childless diners.

On the way home, Ada declared: I'm mysterious. Do you know what mysterious means?

Me: Yes.  Do you know what mysterious means?

Ada: It means that when you put rocks in your pants, you have to take them out.

When we got home and she took off her clothes before the bath, two small rocks fell out of her diaper. So much for mysterious.

4 comments:

  1. Oh that is funny.

    And as good a definition of mysterious as I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee. We've recovered small toys from our daughter's diapers. Thankfully the diaper itself was dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love porque no's calamari tacos and margaritas. Next time I go I'll be tempted to pick me up some mystery too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger ate my comment again!

    Anyway, it's a suitably mysterious definition. And is there anything that can't be hidden in a nappy?

    ReplyDelete