Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cheerleaders, Cupcakes and Costumes

Jiro made the mistake of telling Ellen that he'd like cheerleaders for his 40th birthday.


I doubt he thought she would actually find some for him.


I think it went over pretty well.

(call and) response

After the professionals left, several of us took up the pom poms:

Birthday Boy

Who is that pregnant cheerleader? Oh. That's me.

That's Chris underneath Howard Stern's hair. 
I think we've found our next holiday card photo!


So number one!
Jiro is so Number One!

Happy birthday Jiro! I hope the rest of your year is just as funny, surprising and full of friends and love as your birthday party.

9 comments:

  1. Every cheerleading squad needs a pregnant member. I think that's the law in some states.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris looks as expressive as ever in that photo! He looks like he's having So Much Fun!!!

    That looks raucous and hilarious. Happy Birthday Jiro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. But I was quite distracted by the large number of kimchee noodle bowls.

    Now I have a craving and I'm not even pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a cultural minefield going on here which as a Brit I am soooo unqualified to comment on. But the pictures are hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't get cheerleaders for my 40th birthday! I didn't get anything except what I bought for myself.

    I WANT A CHEERLEADER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great color on you!

    And is that the cutest little pg belly in the world or what?

    ReplyDelete
  7. if i had known there were cheerleaders!
    "GO JIRO GO! DO YOUR BEST! REMEMBER WHO YOU'RE FIGHTING FOR! SHS!"

    oh...that was fun!

    the pics look amazing!
    xooxkatherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Memorizing this event for my own fortieth birthday..

    ReplyDelete