Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Now I know my A B Cs

Life continues to be too busy. One thing I am doing (besides wiping noses, recommending policy, occasionally cooking mediocre dinners and losing my voice) is taking pictures. I decided I wanted to take on a photo-a-day project this year. I loved doing it in 2010 and it seemed like time to try it again.

I considered a time-based theme, but I could not commit to a single time for a whole year (though I have loved looking at friends' sets). I considered moving through the day, taking photos at hour or half-hour increments, but I have a sense that I'd mess it up. It is awkward to interrupt a meeting in order to photograph it. 

Ultimately I chose to divide the year into twenty-six 2 week chunks, one for each letter of the alphabet. So far I have done A, B and C. This theme combines my love for signs and words with my sense that switching things up every two weeks will make it easier to stick it out the whole year. 

I am breaking radio (er, blog) silence to post some of the pictures for each letter. Here are some A photos: 

A11 is for A #365
A11 is for the A key


  A10 is for (stop) animals #365 
A10 is for (stop) Animals

  A7 is for all #365 
A7 is for All

  A8 is for Appl(e) #365 
A8 is for Apple

Almost, but not all the pictures are shot using my iPhone 4s. The camera is surprisingly good and I have it with me most of the time (unlike my slr). My main tools are the Camera+ and Instagram apps. Once in a while I use Hipstamatic, which I love, but is definitely more unpredictable. Chris got me some lenses for my phone, so some shots are taken with one of those. (the "All" picture used the macro lens, hence some of the fuzz around the edges.)

The whole set is here. At the end of the year there will be 26 sets in an Alphabet Collection on Flickr. 

blog comments powered by Disqus