Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I must remember

These moments are fleeting, will I even remember?

Working at home, I take a break to nurse Ian. Having spent most of the day with the nanny, he keeps interrupting his nursing to smile and coo at me. I feel so loved that I started to cry a little.

We play together for a while and I enjoyed his giggly, bouncy company. Eventually I take him downstairs and go back to work, but not before I try to take a mental picture of the moment, of what it was like to look down on my smiling baby boy and see pure love.*





*I am not usually prone to what would normally feel like hyperbole, but this is how it felt. 

9 comments:

  1. I could eat him whole. (Lovely photo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After my daughter weaned and the tedium of her needs had vanished to time, I wished I had taken a photograph of her smiling mouth running over with milk. I wish I had made a bigger deal of the last time she nursed as well. Those moments truly are fleeting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaawww so adorable! Their smiles are so pure and real and go deep into your soul, don't they? I know! And the time just flies.....

    ReplyDelete