Thursday, December 11, 2008

What I am Thinking While They are Talking

Why did I agree to shlep out to a tree farm on what is promising to be the coldest day of the year so far? (To be quickly followed by an even colder day, which MIGHT just bring a dusting of snow.)

The stye in my left eyelid is really bothering me. Why won't it go away already? Would it REALLY help to hold a warm compress against my eye, or is that just something to distract me? Why does the above picture not bother me even though I know if I had that few eyelashes I would be freaking out?

Why did Chris eat the last of Ada's bunny crackers, even though he must know that I want them?

How many people noticed that my pants were rolled up in an odd way for several hours this morning, until I noticed that what I thought were cuffs (on borrowed maternity pants) were really just turned up ends?

After hearing Bill O'Reilly say he tends to "bloviate" I now have the word rolling around in my head. Bloviate, bloviate, bloviate.

Is every 3.5 year old as directive as mine? As we walked to her school, Ada informed me that I should pick her up with the trailer and a yogurt drink. I am a little frustrated that she thinks getting a yogurt drink is part of her pick up routine, thanks to Chris often getting her one. He's definitely the "nice" parent. When I pick her up the routine is more like: look up from computer to notice the time, run around pulling on sweater, shoes and jacket before rushing out to get her in time. "Buy yogurt drink" does not fit in that  schedule.

The stye is still bothering me. Maybe if I poke at it, it will go away. Nope, still there.

I wonder if the teachers notice that I never do anything about Ada's crazy hair. I wonder, but do not care enough to deal with her crazy hair.

Bloviate.

I am not totally sold on the new Morning Becomes Eclectic DJ, but willing to give him a chance. I liked the Ozomatli/Charlie Tuna song he just played.

I just can't seem to get enough hot water with lemon and honey.


I am completely charmed by the animal cards someone stapled along the phone poles in my neighborhood.

What is rolling around in your head today? No really, I want to know.

8 comments:

  1. My husband always refers to the Sunday morning talk shows as "the bloviators". As in, "it's time to watch the bloviators".

    Mmm, hot lemonade. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about how I can't really tell people what I'm thinking about. And how that doesn't seem like a good sign, but I'm trying to learn to roll with things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you don't want to know what's rolling around in my head today, I promise! But I enjoyed reading some of your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by our blog. I've added you to our blogroll so look forward to following your posts.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wondering why, on the one morning of the week when I can maybe perhaps go back to bed and get the final three hours of the eight I'm supposed to get, I am sitting here slogging through the 124 million unread posts in my reader.

    Then I think of all the people I miss seeing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wondering why it is that pipes spring leaks and tires suddenly go bald 2 weeks before christmas.

    I'm also very much looking forward to our daycare's Christmas extravaganza tonight. Each of my kids will sing a song on stage with his/her class. And this year I will hide so they don't spot me and jump off the stage to get to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's see: I have to pee.

    I'm so cold my fingers are almost numb.

    I wonder when my kid is going to puke again. Hopefully it only comes out one end this time.

    God, I hate my fucking dirty ass carpet that I need to spot clean before the drunken in-laws show up with their nasty cats who will most certainly hate our feline creature of great sweetness.

    I wonder if I will ever get a full night sleep again.

    I really really need to pee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What does bloviate mean?!?

    Sorry about the stye.

    On a different subject entirely...

    Tag! You're it. See my blog for details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadly all that is rolling around in my head is Christmas related crap with a background of Boney M (which isn't exactly bad, but it's definitely getting annoying). Speedy recovery on that stye, from what I've experienced, they don't like to be poked. Now I'm going to have that eye image in my head - so there you have it: that's what's rolling around in my head today.

    ReplyDelete