Monday, November 05, 2007

I never write about work, but...

Maybe it is just me, but when you give someone an assignment during a meeting at which that person is not a participant, it is helpful if you tell the person about the assignment, especially when the assignment is a presentation in front of a group of important people, scheduled to take place the following afternoon.

But it could just be me who thinks that.

Update: Thanks to all who commiserated, the presentation went well (smoother and better received than I'd hoped, even) and I ducked out at the break to run home in time to spend a lovely evening with a friend visiting from South Africa.

7 comments:

  1. That's when I'd mutter, to myself, "'MUST BE ADEPT MIND READER' is NOT in my job description." I hope that the presentation goes/went okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But giving an improvised presentation is much more exciting, huh?
    No?
    Alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remind them about the fundamental theorem of arithmetic and you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is usually when I draw VERY CLEAR VERBAL LINES for people and lay out my expectations for them in the future.

    Um, not that I am recommending this. I yelled, "You! Out of my office!" at my boss's boss the other day, so I may have a unique work situation.

    I hope you manage to pull this out with any egg landing only on this other person's face, not yours.

    (Stutefish who is too lazy to log in)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was gonna say that you should mention that all integers are products of primes, but someone beat me to it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps a nice bit of poetry? Or a rap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good day for a stomach disorder. I can't abide presentations at short notice - I need at least a week to worry about them before putting the presentation together between midnight and two am the day before.

    ReplyDelete