Monday, November 05, 2007

I never write about work, but...

Maybe it is just me, but when you give someone an assignment during a meeting at which that person is not a participant, it is helpful if you tell the person about the assignment, especially when the assignment is a presentation in front of a group of important people, scheduled to take place the following afternoon.

But it could just be me who thinks that.

Update: Thanks to all who commiserated, the presentation went well (smoother and better received than I'd hoped, even) and I ducked out at the break to run home in time to spend a lovely evening with a friend visiting from South Africa.

7 comments:

  1. That's when I'd mutter, to myself, "'MUST BE ADEPT MIND READER' is NOT in my job description." I hope that the presentation goes/went okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But giving an improvised presentation is much more exciting, huh?
    No?
    Alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nonlinearpapa11/06/2007 8:02 AM

    Just remind them about the fundamental theorem of arithmetic and you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is usually when I draw VERY CLEAR VERBAL LINES for people and lay out my expectations for them in the future.

    Um, not that I am recommending this. I yelled, "You! Out of my office!" at my boss's boss the other day, so I may have a unique work situation.

    I hope you manage to pull this out with any egg landing only on this other person's face, not yours.

    (Stutefish who is too lazy to log in)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was gonna say that you should mention that all integers are products of primes, but someone beat me to it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps a nice bit of poetry? Or a rap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (un)relaxeddad11/06/2007 10:59 PM

    Sounds like a good day for a stomach disorder. I can't abide presentations at short notice - I need at least a week to worry about them before putting the presentation together between midnight and two am the day before.

    ReplyDelete