Monday, August 27, 2007

Open Letter to the Bridge Pedal People

(I meant to post this weeks ago, but better late than never, right?)

Hi - I wanted to offer some feedback on this year's ride.

I enjoyed the ride (this was my 5th) but was disappointed that the hour long delay just prior to the Ross Island Bridge meant that I did not get to go over the St John's bridge. I imagine that the popularity of the ride has increased a lot over the past years (it certainly felt more crowded this year) and I noticed a lot more kids (both on their own bikes and in trailers), which slows things down a bit. All of this (more riders, more kids) is great, but I wonder whether you are planning to make some route or other changes that will allow a better traffic flow (and avoid hundreds and hundreds of riders from having to walk their bikes for an hour or more).

Everyone around me during the walking was very pleasant and in good spirits, but no one was thrilled to spend part of their "ride" walking. This was especially true when we learned that we'd missed the deadline for getting up to the St. John's. I strongly encourage you to figure out how to avoid this kind of bottleneck in the future. For my part, I will likely be choosing an earlier start time next year!

best,
nonlinear girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment