Tuesday, April 13, 2004

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's super-ovulation girl!

I took hormones for 5 days last week so that I could "super-ovulate". Too bad this is just making more than the usual one egg women get each month. It sounds exciting, like I am a feminine superhero! The hormones led to several days of high energy and increased sex drive (yum) and then a few days of random crying due to sudden and intense feelings of despair. Even knowing that the moods were hormone induced, feeling so sad - not so fun, really.

Yesterday I had an IUI - intrauterine insemination. Chris gave the lab his semen, they got rid of all non-sperm stuff and then I showed up and they put it directly in my uterus. After the turkey-baster procedure, I laid on my back for 20 minutes reading a well-worn copy of People. Good luck to me, I guess. Not the most entertaining way of getting pregnant, but we are still trying the traditional method.

After this fun trip to the lab, I worked at home all afternoon. I felt a bit sorry for myself and didn't want to shlep BACK to Salem. Ellen cheered me up and when Chris got home he and I went for a walk. E, J, C and I went to the movies later in the evening and by then I'd restored my feeling that I live a charmed life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment