Monday, March 28, 2011

Naming Names

Because I can't have my one post in weeks be about vomit, here is one of my favorite books:

Names, by Ada (cover)
Names, By Ada

Abi Abi Abi (p1)
Abi Abi Abi
is nice
I love her

Maya Maya (p2)
Maya Maya
is nice
I know her

Isabel Isabel (p3)
Isabel Isabel
I love her

Wednesday Wednesday (p4)
Wednesday Wednesday
I love her

Crea Crea (p5)
Crea Crea
I like you

The
The (end)

This book is especially wonderful as it documents a fleeting moment in Ada's development. Throughout the year Ada's class has been learning to write books. They started with the idea that every book has a title and the author's name on the cover. They have talked about various elements of writing a book, and recently Ada reported that a book should have characters, a setting, a problem and a resolution. This book predated this set of ideas, but her newer books tend to have a clear problem and resolution. As exciting as it is to see her growth, I love the simplicity and honesty of the Names book

blog comments powered by Disqus