Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine

I hope Chris knows how much I love him. I try to tell him, but sometimes I might wedge such thoughts between "don't forget to buy chicken thighs" and "who left this poopy diaper on the counter?" and he might not hear it or know how much I think about him every day.

We went out to dinner on Friday, just the two of us. I said: "I think it is going to get worse before it gets better." Instead of sighing or rolling his eyes at the tempest in a teapot that is the legislative session, he reminded me that we knew this was coming and let me know it was okay. He is calm where I am excitable. He is patient where I am ready to jump out of my skin. He's reserved; I am the queen over the over-share. For all this and more I am so thankful and love him so intensely.

Park hug

Smiling Chris

A and C

blog comments powered by Disqus