Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sometimes it all feels like too much

But not tonight.

Today I got up early with Ian. I worked all day, productively. I biked home to find my family playing with chalk in front of our house. We chatted with neighbors and then came inside to get dinner ready. Our good friend Juniper arrived to help make and eat dinner. We laughed with the babies, joked with Ada, caught ourselves up on the happenings of our lives. We ate, put Ian and Mira to bed, and got Ada bathed and in her room. We drank Chris's wonderful Manhattans. We talked more, and made plans to go camping late in the summer. We cleaned up and then said good night to Juniper. We cleaned the rest of the dishes and picked up the house, and then sat down to rest and enjoy a little quiet before bed.

It was perfect and I feel so lucky to be who I am, where I am.

blog comments powered by Disqus