Mayberry Mom added me to her list of bloggers that make her happy, which makes me giddy with joy. (No really, reading her post made me very happy.)
Reading Mayberry's list got me thinking about what makes me happy these days. Some of what occurred to me:
- They Might Be Giants' song Seven and jumping around singing "we want cake, where's our cake?" (while I'm at it, this is a great song too.)
- Ada is potty trained. I know this happened months ago, but it still knocks me out.
- Coworkers who are also friends.
- I get along so well with my parents and in-laws that I look forward to their visits.
- The just-ended stretch of sunny February days included a weekend.
- Good coffee and being able to have a second cup when I want to.
- A friend and I signed up for a series of plays this year, so I periodically get to the theater without having to think about whether or not a particular play will be "worth" it.
- The gray month of my current photo project is almost over.
- Moving my huge rosemary plant freed up more room in the garden. I will be adding tarragon and cilantro to my herbs.
- Magpie Musing sent me two charming unsigned postcards before I thought to compare the handwriting with that of a card she'd taken credit for. (I couldn't read the postmark on either of the anonymous cards. What did you do, Maggie, bribe the post office?