Thursday, September 25, 2008

Maybe she'd settle for ALMOST a grown up?

Walking to school, Ada and I pass a bunch of cob benches. As we came alongside them, Ada pointed and said: "Three benches and three benches."

Me: That's great, Ada. Do you know how many is that all together?

Ada: Six.

Me: That's right! Do you know what you just did?

Ada: What?

Me: Math!

Ada, after thinking about this for a moment: That means I'm a grown up!

pink hat
looking quite grown up, except for the food on her face

7 comments:

  1. I have food on my face and I'm supposedly an adult so I'd drop the "almost". BTW she is beautiful but you already knew that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it means she's ready for "math bars".

    I'm proud of her, naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tattoos also make her look grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kid would LOVE that shirt. Where did you get? Or did you make?

    Also,
    http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080918/LIFESTYLES21/809180354/-1/LIFESTYLES08
    More only child research.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, a tattooed girl - all grown up indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that's one smart cookie you got there. WITH tattoos too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow too cute. What a beautiful & smart girl. You must be very proud!

    xoxo
    Meaghan
    www.cancerlost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete