Monday, October 15, 2007

Pumpkin

Chris and I went to a "parent enrichment" night at Ada's nursery school. We knew what we were getting into, but the reality was still exhausting. Ada attends a Waldorf-inspired nursery school, so it is very touchy-feely and odd in some ways I like and others that impress me less. (Among the less: the Waldorf folks think young kids should not be exposed to bright colors or music that doesn't conform to the pentatonic scale.) Plus, this is Portland, which is already one of the most hippy places on the planet. I still wasn't prepared for a half-hour spiel on the value of soaking grains for a day prior to cooking them. Then there was the singing.

I am exhausted.

In lieu of a real post, I offer a couple of photographs of Ada at the pumpkin patch.

pumpkin sitting

As usual, I took mostly pictures that failed to highlight the key element (other than my child) of the day's outing. Oh well. I know there were a zillion pumpkins there.

two at play

This is a picture of Ada with her new down-the-block friend. I have a couple of great shots of them together, but I want to ask Iya's mom for permission before I post them.

Going to farms with Ada - to pick berries, or find pumpkins (and scale the hay pyramid, marvel over the soft foot of a baby goat, or thrill at a bumpy ride in barrels tricked out to look like cows) - this is one of my favorite things to do with Ada. She has a great time, and the joy on her face is always worth the trip.

5 comments:

  1. Just bumping around blogrolls and came her.

    What a cuttie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like she had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that girls knows how to party.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh. Somewhere I used to have a picture of Josie at the pumpkin patch at age 2 -- she took her first pony ride, and has this wonderful expression on her face that perfectly shows that 1) she's scared and 2) she's not going to let a pony get the best of her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shouldn't that be "a couple beautiful of photographs of my beautify daughter Ada"

    ???

    It wouldn't be Waldorf without the nuts part!

    ReplyDelete