Monday, April 03, 2006

Ada by the numbers

Times today that Ada showed all the signs of wanting a nap, but changed her mind once she was in bed and I'd walked out of her room: 1

Small pieces of egg yolk that Ada picked off the tray, put in her mouth and then spat out: 12

Times that I looked up from the newspaper to find Ada staring at me (and no doubt thinking what neglectful a mom she has): 2

Minutes that Ada's 9 am nap lasted: 67

Seconds after I buttered some toast that Ada announced that she was awake: 19

Objects Ada stuck in her mouth, pulled out to examine and returned to her mouth: 33

Number of those objects that were paper: 0 (She does not willingly remove paper from her mouth)

Number of times Ada lunged for paper and got some in her mouth before I could stop her: 2

Number of children in the doctor's waiting room that Ada charmed into making fools of themselves for her: 3

Number of those children that I didn't want to touch Ada because they'd just picked their noses: 1

Number of times Ada non-verbally requested to be moved from mom's to dad's to mom's arms while at the doctor's office: 6

Percentile length for age that Ada is curently: 90

Times Ada peed while undressed at the doctor's office: 2

Times she managed to spray mom with her urine: 1

Times since getting home that I've thought "why does it smell like pee in here?" before remembering I am wearing peed-on pants: 3

Times per hour that Ada grabbed my shirt in order to stand up, only to decide within 10 seconds that something on the floor required attention: 7

Times Ada broke out in full-fledged crying out of annoyance that she could not move a toy bucket twice her size: 1

Times Ada then managed to flip toy bucket over and dump its contents all over herself: 1

Times Ada scrunched up her nose in her new half smile, half grimace: 541


Times Ada made the scrunch face after I told Ellen she's doing it all the time: 0

Percent of the day that I felt intense love for my daughter and joy that she's in my life: 100

5 comments:

  1. Mothers that can relate to this post: 1 ,000,000,000

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I like the "numbers" idea! Wonder why you would choose numbers? Baffles me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and that look never gets old! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh hey...the scrunchy face!! My now 5 yr old did it, we taught her to do it on command even! try it, its fun!
    I found your blog via a few others we apparently have in common AND that you are in Portland, as am I!
    Nice writing, cute idea, this list...I may have to steal it!

    ReplyDelete